Senior Audit Associate
McGrath & Co. PLLC was founded in 2009 and specializes in financial statement audits and agreed-upon procedures engagements for state and local governments, which primarily consists of water districts, management districts, improvement districts, development districts and levee improvement districts, in the Texas Gulf Coast Region. We currently have over 200 clients in the Houston, Austin, and Dallas areas. Our firm is growing rapidly, which offers great potential for advancement and professional development.
We currently have approximately 28 staff members, which allows our staff to work directly with managers and partners and to be exposed to all areas of an audit engagement. In this position, you will work primarily from our offices as none of our client work currently requires travel outside of the Houston area. We offer a competitive compensation structure consistent with larger firms.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Eligible to sit for CPA exam or actively sitting
- 2+ years’ experience public accounting preferred
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, generally accepted auditing standards and internal control systems. Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and government auditing standards (GAS Yellow Book) is beneficial
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Perform all aspects of an audit, including risk assessment, determining audit approach/procedures, performing audit procedures, and evaluating audit evidence/workpapers.
- Draft complete financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Review audit workpapers and draft financial statements prepared by other team members.
- Ensure audit work papers are prepared in accordance with professional standards and firm requirements.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements with strict adherence to scheduled deadlines.
- Identify engagement issues and communicate concerns to managers/partners.
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with colleagues, clients and industry consultants.
- Research technical issues, analyze complex, unusual accounting situations and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Research new accounting/auditing standards and prepare presentation to partners and other team members.
- Assist in training and development of new staff, to include evaluating staff knowledge when assigned as reviewer and providing guidance as needed.
- Demonstrate initiative, professionalism, dependability, and integrity combined with a collaborative, team centered attitude.
McGrath and Co., PLLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance and a 401(k) plan, in addition to a generous holiday schedule and paid time off. We have a causal work environment, and a flexible scheduling policy with opportunities to telecommute part time. Almost no travel required.